tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Aug 13 15:25:35 2012
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
[Tlhingan-hol] New word: bridge
- From: Qov email@example.com
- Subject: [Tlhingan-hol] New word: bridge
- Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 16:25:19 -0600
- List-archive: http://stodi.digitalkingdom.org/pipermail/tlhingan-hol/
- List-subscribe: http://stodi.digitalkingdom.org/mailman/listinfo/tlhingan-hol, mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe
I'm not simply posting the whole messages because Marc's is not readily interpretable without reference to mine, and mine is interspersed with personal fangirlish stuff.
I know Maltz is not always amenable to questions, but if he is in the mood, perhaps you could get him to speak about three things. In short, they are bridges, screws and aspect.
While I can describe a <bIQtIq HeHmey rartaHbogh ravHom> ("floorlet which is connecting a river's edges") it becomes an exercise in mental gymnastics for me to write about and then the reader to recognize a bridge. Especially when I go on to describe a scene of actions taking place on under and around said bridge. If it's important to Maltz, the bridge in question is a rope suspension bridge with wooden planked footing, and crosses a river.
The word for "bridge" (as in over a river) is <QI> (one of those weird vowel-final words). Maltz said that would apply to the kind of rope bridge you described (as well as more substantial bridges).
_______________________________________________ Tlhingan-hol mailing list Tlhinganemail@example.com http://stodi.digitalkingdom.org/mailman/listinfo/tlhingan-hol
- Prev by Date: Re: [Tlhingan-hol] New words: screw and nail
- Next by Date: Re: [Tlhingan-hol] New word: bridge
- Previous by thread: Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: tIqnagh lemDu'
- Next by thread: Re: [Tlhingan-hol] New word: bridge