tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 26 11:07:07 2010

Re: FW: Question about a little help with translation

Darin Arrick ([email protected])

I disagree. Languages borrow all the time. So, since Maltz hasn't given us a
lot of chemical terminology (yet...right, Maltz?), borrow! Bring it into
Klingon, at least temporarily for this project, and make it fit the
phonology. 'amIn? 'a'mIn? Easy. For this abstract, it would work perfectly
well, I think.
Darin Arrick

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 10:56 AM, MorphemeAddict <[email protected]> wrote:

> I think a way should be found to say "AMINE" in Klingon rather than just
> using the Earth word. More than anything, using "AMINE" or any Earth word
> highlights the limits of Klingon and its conlang origin, making the whole
> project a farce.
> lay'tel SIvten

Back to archive top level