tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Mar 24 07:39:07 2010

RE: FW: Question about a little help with translation

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

qurgh:
>> I also got contacted by Richard and got copies of the abstract and
>> the paraphrases:
>
>> It's pretty heavy stuff.

Indeed.  Paraphrase 2 appears do-able though.

>This work describes the production and the properties of
>compounds derived from sugar and (chemical) fundamental
>compounds from the fourth, fifth and sixth group.
>
>Ring-like compounds with five and four partners and ring-like
>compounds from coal were researched most.  Apart from sugar,
>compounds with egg white were researched.
>
>The set-up of the compounds was researched on crystals. The
>properties of the dissolved compounds were researched. A big
>collection of properties was made.
>
>The behaviour of the compounds in water was researched. It was
>tried to produce the compounds from water.
>
>A comparison of the compounds should answer the question how
>these exist in living organisms. This could also answer the
>question how shells build their bowls.

We already have most of this vocabulary with the exception of "chemistry" (*{HapQeD}?) and "compound" (*{Hapghom}?)  E.g.:

  Qeb/gho lururbogh Hapghom(mey)
  ring/circle-like compounds

  chay' yIntaHbogh yagh(mey)Daq taH Hapghommey'e'
  how do these (compounds) continue/survive in living organisms?

  chay' Duqchaj luchenmoH pel'aQ(mey}
  how do shells form/build their bowl?

{HaQchor} "saccharin" will do for "sugar".  "Coal" may be a problem though - *{nagh qIj}?, *{nInnagh}??

--
Voragh
Canon Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level