tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Mar 24 14:00:56 2010

Re: FW: Question about a little help with translation

qurgh lungqIj ([email protected])

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 4:35 PM, Steven Boozer <[email protected]> wrote:
> qurgh:
> >Here's my first attempt. It's rough, but it's a start:
> >-------
> >I know I broke some rules here and there, but I don't know how else to
> >phrase it.
>
> Just a few preliminary thoughts ...
>
> <snip all Voragh's great suggestions to save some space>
>
> --
> Voragh
> Canon Master of the Klingons
>
> majQa'! I put all that into the translation and reworked all the verbs to
use vI- instead of -lu'.

ghItlhvamDaq Hapghom vIDel. Hapghommeyvam vIchenmoHmeH HaQchor HapQeD
Hapghom je vIlo'.  ghom loSDIch ghom vaghDIch ghom javDIch Dab HapQeD
Hapghomvammey.

(In this writing I describe compounds. In order to make these compounds I
use sugar and chemical compounds. These chemical compounds are in the
fourth, fifth and six groups.)

loS qoch vagh qoch ghap ghajbogh gho lururbogh Hapghom'e' vIQulqu'.
nInnaghvo' gho lururbogh Hapghom'e' vIQulqu'. "egg whites"  ngaSbogh
Hapghom'e' vIQul je.

(I really researched the compounds that resemble circles that have four or
five partners. I really researched compounds that resembled circles from
coal. I also researched compounds that contained "egg whites")

chay' qutmeyDaq chenmoH Hapghommey?  Hapghommeyvam ngoSpu'bogh taS'e' vIQul
'ej De' law' vIgher.

(How do the compounds form in crystals? I researched solutions that
contained these compounds and compiled much data.)

chay' bIQDaq vang Hapghommey'e'? bIQvo' Hapghom vIlel 'e' vInID.

(How do the compounds act in water? I tried to take the compound from
water.)

chay' yIntaHbogh yaghmeyDaq taH Hapghommey'e'? chay' Duqchaj luchenmoH
pel'aQ? chaq janglaH ghItlhvam

(How do the compounds exist in living organisims? How do shells build their
bowl? Perhaps this writing can answer.)

Looking better? I still can't think of what to use to describe "egg whites".
He used "egg whites" to paraphrase amino acids, although I don't think
translating that will be any easier.

qurgh

Back to archive top level