tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 26 11:07:07 2010

Re: FW: Question about a little help with translation

qurgh lungqIj ([email protected])

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 1:56 PM, MorphemeAddict <[email protected]> wrote:
> I think a way should be found to say "AMINE" in Klingon rather than just
> using the Earth word. More than anything, using "AMINE" or any Earth word
> highlights the limits of Klingon and its conlang origin, making the whole
> project a farce.
> lay'tel SIvten
> On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 11:09 AM, Steven Boozer <[email protected]
> >wrote:

jIQochqu'!

According to that logic Japanese is a farce. It borrows 1000s of words from
English (hanbagaa, pantsu, diyamondo, Ti-shyatsu, konputaa, etc). English is
also a farce, since it doesn't have words for betleH, daqtagh, veqlargh,
suto'vo'qor, etc.

Klingon IS a conlang. It DOES have limits. Trying to create a crazy long
explanation for a single English word shows the limits much more than just
using the word, IMHO.

qurgh

Back to archive top level