tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 26 11:00:37 2010

Re: FW: Question about a little help with translation

qurgh lungqIj ([email protected])

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 1:35 PM, Steven Boozer <[email protected]> wrote:
> BTW, why are you using {Dab} "reside in/at, dwell in/at".  Why not a verb
> like {buv}  "classify"?

Because it seemed the easiest way to refer to items that have a normal
location in some kind of system. {buv} would work, IMO, if we were
discussing an action taken by a person:

ghom 4-DIchDaq Hapghom vIbuv
I classify the compound in the 4th group.

The Hapghom can't buv themselves, since they don't have the intelligence to
put themselves into a system. I guess we could say:

ghom 4-DIchDaq ghom 5-DIchDaq ghom 6-DIchDaq latlh Hapmeyvam lubuvlu'
These additional matters are classified in the 4th, 5th and 6th groups.

> So all together once more:
>
>  HaQchor latlh Hapmey je vIlo'taHvIS Hapghommey'e' vIchenmoHpu'bogh
>  Del ghItlhvam.  (ghom 4-DIch ghom 5-DIch ghom 6-DIch je Dab latlh
>  Hapmeyvam.)
>
>  4 qoch 5 qoch ghap ghajbogh gho lururbogh Hapghommey'e', nInnaghvo'
>  chenbogh gho lururbogh Hapghommey'e' je vIQulqu'.  AMINE peymey
>   ngaSbogh Hapghommey'e' vIQul je.
>
>   qut vIlo'taHvIS Hapghom qach vItu'pu'.  bIQDaq Hapghom qut
>   vIngoS(pu')DI' taS vIQul 'ej De' law' vIboS.  taSDaq bIHtaHvIS
>  bIQvo' Hapghom vISuq 'e' vInID.
>
>   - chay' yIntaHbogh yaghDaq taH Hapghommeyvam?
>   - chay' Duqchaj luchenmoH pel'aQmey?
>
>   chaq janglaH ghItlhvam.
>

>  This work describes compounds that I have created using sugar and
>  other substances.  (These chemical compounds reside in the 4th,
>  5th and 6th groups.)
>
>  I intensively researched compounds resembling circles containing 4
>  or 5 partners and compounds resembling circles from coal.  I also
>   researched compounds that contained AMINE acids.
>
>   Using a crystal I have found the compound's structure.  [After] I had
>  dissolved the compound crystal(s) in water I researched the solution
>  and I collected much data.  I tried to take the compounds from the water
>  while they were in solution.
>
>  - How do these compounds exist in a living organism?
>   - How do shells build their bowl?
>
>  Perhaps this work can answer.

maj.

He told me he wanted it in both pIqaD and roman in a PDF file. So if we are
in agreement, I will package it up and send it to him.

Do you want me to use your Klingon name or your human name in the credits?

qurgh

Back to archive top level