tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 26 09:47:48 2010

Re: FW: Question about a little help with translation

qurgh lungqIj ([email protected])

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 12:15 PM, Steven Boozer <[email protected]>wrote:

> >loS qoch vagh qoch ghap ghajbogh gho lururbogh Hapghommey'e' vIQulqu'.
> >nInnaghvo' chenbogh gho lururbogh Hapghommey'e' vIQulqu'. AMINE peymey
> >ngaSbogh Hapghommey'e' vIQul je.
>

> "I really researched compounds resembling circle(s) that have either 4
> partners or 5 partners.  I really researched compounds resembling circle(s)
> that form from coal.  I also researched compounds that have AMINE acids."
>
> We can combine the first two sentences:
>
>  4 qoch 5 qoch ghap ghajbogh 'ej nInnaghvo' chenbogh gho
>  lururbogh Hapghommey'e' vIQulqu'.
>
> Cf. {romuluSngan Sambogh 'ej HoHbogh nejwI'} "Romulan hunter-killer probe"
> (KCD).

We could use that format if it was a compound that was made from elements
with multiple partners and coal, but it's not.

To relate it back to the "hunter-killer" idea... Pretend there are two
probes, one that hunts and one that kills. You couldn't use the phrase
{Sambogh 'ej HoHbogh nejwI'} to talk about either probe. The same is case
here. He researched shells that were made from elements with X partners and
separately he researched shells made from carbon based compounds. That's why
I split them back out again.

<snip some new lines>

I incorporated the new lines into the main body of the text.

> What do we have all together now?  I told Richard we could probably have
> the abstract done by the end of business today.

Here's what we have, I think:

----------

ghItlhvamDaq Hapghom vIDel. Hapghommeyvam vIchenmoHmeH HaQchor HapQeD
Hapghom je vIlo'.  ghom loSDIch ghom vaghDIch ghom javDIch Dab HapQeD
Hapghomvammey.

loS qoch vagh qoch ghap ghajbogh gho lururbogh Hapghommey'e' vIQulqu'.
nInnaghvo' chenbogh gho lururbogh Hapghommey'e' vIQulqu'. AMINE peymey
ngaSbogh Hapghommey'e' vIQul je.

wa' qut vIlotaHvIS Hapghom qach vItu'pu'. bIQDaq Hapghom qutmey
vIngoS(pu')DI' taS vIQul 'ej De' law' vIboS. taSDaq bIHtaHvIS bIQvo' Hapghom
vISuq 'e' vInID.

 - chay' yIntaHbogh yaghmeyDaq taH Hapghommeyvam?
 - chay' Duqchaj luchenmoH pel'aQmey?

chaq janglaH ghItlhvam

--------- Translation

This work describes compounds. To create these compounds I used sugar and
chemical compounds. These chemical compounds come from the 4th, 5th and 6th
groups.

I really researched compounds that resembled circles that contain 4 or 5
partners. I really researched compounds that resembled circles that are from
coal. I also researched compounds that contained AMINE acids.

While using a crystal I found the compounds structure. While I dissolved the
compound cystals in water I researched the solution and I collected much
data. I tried to take the compound from water while they were in the
solution.

- How do these compounds exist in living organisms?
- How do shells build their bowl?

Perhaps this work can answer.

--------

Thoughts?