tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Oct 21 07:36:30 2010

Re: <tlhIngan maH> geocache

MorphemeAddict ([email protected])

Heather,
None of the letters are nonsense or unrecognizable. The lowercase letters
are from the Skybox 10-symbol set, with rotations and reflections. The
uppercase letters are from the KLI pIqaD font. The numerals are from the
Mangel/Klinzhai symbol set.
You're right that the text is not Klingon. It's English.
I too am curious how the translation was done.
lay'tel SIvten
On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 9:55 AM, Heather Myers <[email protected]> wrote:

> qatlho'.  Deghvam vIleghlaH.
>
> At the risk of repeating what others may have said (I'm in the middle of
> an editing assignment and just dropping in my two cents), most of those
> letters are nonsense: rotated or flipped versions of Lawrence's KLI
> font.  A few are completely unrecognisable.  I don't know how anyone
> made a 'translation' of this, but it's not Klingon.
>
> On Wed, 2010-10-20 at 20:22 +0000, Felix Malmenbeck wrote:
> > I've been informed that attachments do not work here, so here's a link to
> the picture I spoke of:
> > http://www.f.kth.se/~felixm/Geocache.png
> >

>  --
> Heather Myers
> [email protected]
> Content Producer for Associated Content:
> http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/160661/h_l_myers.html
> Drops of Blood on My Forehead, a writing blog:
> http://dropsofbloodonmyforehead.blogspot.com/

Back to archive top level