tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Oct 20 07:04:35 2010

RE: <tlhIngan maH> geocache

Felix Malmenbeck ([email protected])

I believe it's an English transcription using the font Altsys Metamorphosis:KlingonTNG; I'm currently trying to decipher it.

//loghaD

From: [email protected] [[email protected]] on behalf of lojmIt tI'wI' nuv [[email protected]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2010 15:48
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: <tlhIngan maH> geocache

I'm moderately good at reading pIqaD. There are several characters here I've never seen before and can't guess what it might be a strange variation on.

The characters I do recognize spell out the following, with question marks next to characters I can't make out and wild guesses in parentheses:

chw?wy
... (r)wgh? ??(r)?
?l??ghl?l ... ?l?? w?y?l(r)
?l?gh?l wll?l? ?? ly?gh?l

Sl???w
??Smt????????I?

I think it is safe to say that either this is completely greeked, or it is using a font that is not related to Lawrence's KLI font with a mapping that is not what we've come to know.

I agree that it's not written in Klingon. The size of the words suggests otherwise. Two and four letter words are uncommon in Klingon and there are a disproportionate number of them in this message.

lojmit tI'wI'nuv

On Oct 20, 2010, at 9:16 AM, Steven Boozer wrote:

> <<tlhIngan maH!>> geocache Daq Quv lugh vItu'laHta':
> http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?wp=GC23Q0A
> 'ej pIqaD ghItlh Quv:
> http://www.localbizbits.com/geocaching/transmission.jpg
>

> From the length of the words in both fonts, this could be transliterated English.  (Paramount often did this for "Klingon" graphics on TNG.)
>
> --
> Voragh
> Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
>

>> De'vetlh vIpoS 'e' vInIDDI', vaj jang De'wI': Cache is Unpublished
>> jIyajbe'. Do'Ha' jIQaHlaHbe'.
>>
>> latlh DaqDaq De' Dacha'laH'a'?
>>
>> Quvar.
>>
>>> I was recently contacted to help decipher the pIqaD text for the
>>> tlhIngan maH geocache thing:
>>> http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid?fbc098-093c-
>> 4e0b-b7ad-9d4c3fc5cecf
>>>
>>> As it uses pIqaD symbols that I'm not fluent in, I'm at a loss.
>>>
>>> ~naHQun

Back to archive top level