tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 30 08:14:56 2010

Re: choH vs. choHmoH

MorphemeAddict ([email protected])

{choH} seems simple enough to me. By itself it means intransitive "change, *
become* different", while {choHmoH} means transitive "change, *make*different,
*cause to* be(come) different".
lay'tel SIvten

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 3:50 AM, Lieven Litaer <[email protected]> wrote:

> chaq choH jIbDaj?
> choHlaH'a' Doch?
>
> I have the verb {choH} listed as intransitive, but as usual I did not note
> the source of that.
>
> >From this point of view, it makes sense to say {He yIchoHmoH}. It is the
> course which changes, an you cause it to change.
>
> Am I mistaken? jIQagh'a'?
>
> Doq He 'e' vIneH. vaj He vIDoqmoH.
> choH He 'e' vIneH. vaj He vIchoHmoH.
>
> Quvar.
>

> --
> Jetzt kostenlos herunterladen: Internet Explorer 8 und Mozilla Firefox 3.5
> -
> sicherer, schneller und einfacher! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/chbrowser

Back to archive top level