tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 29 12:46:53 2010

Re: choH vs. choHmoH

Andrà MÃller ([email protected])

Okay, so the best would be to explain this {yIchoHmoH} sentence away as a
probable mistake, while {choH} is transitive and means "to change
something", right?
Also, David, I think I remember the discussion about the valency change (or
not) by {-moH}, I didn't have time to look at it myself. Same goes for
{-lu'} and if it's a passive or not. I am a linguist too, please don't be
shocked. But I'm not eager on asking provocative questions on this list. ;)

Anyway, thanks for the enlightening answers, everyone!

Greetings,
- André

2010/1/29 Steven Boozer <[email protected]>

> Voragh wrote:
> >>  I've always been bothered by that line myself. Could [someone] listen
> >> to that line again and see if Klaa actually says {yIchoHmoH} in ST5?
> >> Here's the scene as I have it in my transcript:
> >>
> >> KLAA:  qIrq. DujHomDaq ghaHtaH!
> >>      (Kirk! He's on the shuttlecraft!)
> >> KLAA:  HIvHe yIchoHmoH!
> >>      (Alter the attack course!)
>
> qurgh:
> > De'wI'vamDaq Hov leng vagh vIghaj. 'ay'vam vIbejqa'.
> > <HIvHe yIchoHmoH> jatlh tlha'a 'e' vIQoy.
>

> mu'tlheghvam Da'olta'mo qatlho'.
>

> --
> Voragh
> Canon Master of the Klingons