tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Sep 30 17:55:30 2008

Re: No lut tlhaQ, Eh?

Christopher Fulkerson, Ph.D. ([email protected])

Dear [email protected],

Your responses are remarkably uncivilized and rude in the extreme.    I
regret ever trying to crack a joke with you.   I phrased my next question
quite reasonably, and you respond as if I'm an ass.

In the meantime, I have gotten a reasonable reply to my question.   In
response I have made a suggestion based on thirty years of publishing
experience and work in English, German, Italian, Latin, and Hebrew (all of
which I have set to music), Sanskrit (in which I have devised my own
transliteration system, the only one compatible with the Western
typewriter keyboard), and Greek (I shall soon finish reading all of Homer
in Greek), and other linguistic applications.

If my editorial suggestion is rejected, that's fine; I'm still trying to
learn whether my skills are wanted here.   You personally apparently not
only do not want them, you have yet to even tolerate them.   I have
already elsewhere apologized for ONCE having barged on the scene in a
somewhat bulbous way - if you cannot forget that, you are shy in other
important social skills.

I think you are correct to think you ought better not to reply to me.  I
already know there are persons here who can be reasonable, one of whom has
previously apologized for your behavior - apparently you are unaware that
others are cleaning up after you.   I will work with them.   Goodbye.

To the rest of the membership: I am still somewhat interested in working
with you, but this guy qunchuy is pretty strident, and his attitude is
knocking the hell out of me.    I was president of my fraternity, so I
know his acting-out exceeds all acceptable parameters.    Will it be
possible for me to work here?    I will ignore any replies from qunchuy,
at least for the time being.   Everything I do with him is wrong.

Sincerely,

Christopher

************

On Tue, September 30, 2008 5:15 pm, ghunchu'wI' wrote:
> On Sep 30, 2008, at 7:12 PM, Christopher Fulkerson, Ph.D. wrote:
>
>> Dear [email protected],
>>
>> Oh, I get it, you think Klingons don't do humor.
>
> bImuj.  bIyajbe'.  tlhIngan tIgh vISaHbe'.  ngeb chaH 'ej SeHchu'
> qonwI'pu'chaj.  'ach ghojwI'pu' chu' vISaHbej.  chaH vIja'choHDI',
> jISaHnIS.  jIqIDnISbe'.  towIj Da'ommo', chaq vIchoHnIS.  chaq ghu'
> vIDub qajangbe'choHchugh.
>
> No, you don't get it.
>
> First, I don't care what Klingons do or do not do; they are fictional
> characters and thus do whatever their authors want them to do.
> Second, I think newly arrived students should be treated seriously,
> not flippantly.
>
> Since you're resisting that approach, however, I am reconsidering
> it.  Perhaps it would be best if I did not answer you at all.
>
>>  Let me hope you are not
>> involved in restoring any lut tlhaQ, such as The Confusion Is Great
>> Because of Nothing.    Methinks that were you in that play you
>> would be
>> confused.
>
> bImujqa'.  wa'maH wa' ben muchvetlh 'ay' wImuch Qov jIH je.  mIS
> jIHbe'.  be'ne'DIq jIH ('ej be'terIS ghaH).
>
> Youthinks wrong.  When Qov and I presented an excerpt from that play
> (good grief, can it have been eleven years ago?), I was be'ne'DIq to
> her be'terIS.
>
>> As the third or fourth email I just got from Steven Boozer is signed
>> Voragh Ca Non The Master of the Klingons, let me ask you what that
>> means,
>> if it does not mean the Master of the Klingons.
>
> You are *still* misreading it!  Look at it again.  It says "Voragh",
> followed on the next line by "Ca'Non Master of the Klingons".  It
> means what it says.  What is says is not the same thing as what you
> think it says.
>
> -- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level