tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Sep 30 16:13:44 2008

No lut tlhaQ, Eh?

Christopher Fulkerson, Ph.D. ([email protected])

Dear [email protected],

Oh, I get it, you think Klingons don't do humor.   Let me hope you are not
involved in restoring any lut tlhaQ, such as The Confusion Is Great
Because of Nothing.    Methinks that were you in that play you would be
confused.

As the third or fourth email I just got from Steven Boozer is signed
Voragh Ca Non The Master of the Klingons, let me ask you what that means,
if it does not mean the Master of the Klingons.

I wish you well enough,

Christopher

************

On Tue, September 30, 2008 11:01 am, ghunchu'wI' 'utlh wrote:
> On Sep 29, 2008, at 1:32 AM, "Christopher Fulkerson, Ph.D."
> <[email protected]
>  > wrote:
>
>> Dear Crunchy,
>
> qatlh pongwIj DaghItlhHa'? chIch chotIch.
>
> What's with the dig at my name?
>
>> I thank you for your remarks, but I think some of them were a bit too
sober for the situation.

> naDev bIchu' 'ej naQHa' SovlIj. ghojwI' chu' ja'choHDI' ghojmoHwI', reH
SaghnIS.

> You are new here. It is always appropriate to be serious when trying to
instruct a freshly-arrived student.

> bIghoj DaneH qar'a?
>
> Am I erring in my assumption that you wish to learn?
>
>> I thought it was obvious I was joking in
>> Klingon character with my challenge to the Master,
>
> bIqID pagh bIqIDbe' 'e' vISaHbe'. ghaHvaD <pIn'a> ponglu'be'.
> yajHa'ghachlIj yIlugmoH.
>
> Joking or not, you continue to confuse what you think you read with what
he wrote. Voragh does not claim to be "the Master". Please review my
previous explanation.

>> It seems to me that the behavior of Klingons is
>> eminently susceptible to parody.
>
> tlhIngan Hol Dalo'be'chugh, tlhIngan tIgh tIvaqqa'Qo'.
>
> Parodying Klingon behavior is certainly not one of the valid purposes of
this group (unless, of course, you do it in Klingon, in which case
anything is a valid topic).

>> On that point there does seem to have been some genuine bad manners
among
>> the reactions I have gotten.
>
> yIQIj. nuq Dumaw? qen bIDochpu' SoH neH 'e' vItu' jIH.
>
> What specifically has you upset about the reactions? In this set of
messages, the rudeness *I* saw bore your signature.

> -- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level