tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Sep 30 17:37:07 2008

Re: No lut tlhaQ, Eh?

ghunchu'wI' wrote:
> On Sep 30, 2008, at 7:12 PM, Christopher Fulkerson, Ph.D. wrote:
>
>> As the third or fourth email I just got from Steven Boozer is signed
>> Voragh Ca Non The Master of the Klingons, let me ask you what that
>> means,
>> if it does not mean the Master of the Klingons.
>
> You are *still* misreading it!  Look at it again.  It says "Voragh",
> followed on the next line by "Ca'Non Master of the Klingons".  It
> means what it says.  What is says is not the same thing as what you
> think it says.

Christopher is misunderstanding Ca'Non as direct address. He's thinking
"Ca'Non, Master of the Klingons" instead of "Voragh, Ca'Non Master of
the Klingons."

Christopher, Voragh is calling himself a "Ca'Non Master." He has already
explained the joke.

--
SuStel
Stardate 8750.2