tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Sep 30 18:01:30 2008

Re: Yes I Know

Christopher Fulkerson, Ph.D. ([email protected])

Greetings,

Thanks.   There is a pretty raw effect on people's nerves from the mailing
list-style of communication.   I have gotten an answer, which you
apparently haven't read; you are writing with frustration in your style,
like almost everybody else here.   If this is what one has to put up with
everywhere one goes here, I might not make it... but apparently that is
what is wanted?   It is definitely the case that I have never in my life
encountered a group of people less able to speak civilly... and you want
to translate the Bible?

Christopher

***********

On Tue, September 30, 2008 5:36 pm, David Trimboli wrote:
> ghunchu'wI' wrote:
>> On Sep 30, 2008, at 7:12 PM, Christopher Fulkerson, Ph.D. wrote:
>>
>>> As the third or fourth email I just got from Steven Boozer is signed
>>> Voragh Ca Non The Master of the Klingons, let me ask you what that
>>> means,
>>> if it does not mean the Master of the Klingons.
>>
>> You are *still* misreading it!  Look at it again.  It says "Voragh",
>> followed on the next line by "Ca'Non Master of the Klingons".  It
>> means what it says.  What is says is not the same thing as what you
>> think it says.
>
> Christopher is misunderstanding Ca'Non as direct address. He's thinking
> "Ca'Non, Master of the Klingons" instead of "Voragh, Ca'Non Master of
> the Klingons."
>
> Christopher, Voragh is calling himself a "Ca'Non Master." He has already
> explained the joke.
>
> --
> SuStel
> Stardate 8750.2