tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 10 16:47:45 2013

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Fwd: RE: Klingon Scrabble

Robyn Stewart ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

Another question from the Canadian Scrabble-maker:
http://www.creativetrophies.ca<br><br>
</a>&quot;Another question, how would you advise me to make the tiles;
English and pIqaD letters and numbers to help learn Klingon and/or just
Klingon???&quot;<br><br>
My thought is that if it's just pIqaD, beginners can have a cheat sheet
next to their tile rack and advanced pIqaD users can use their heads
alone, but if it's both, then our eyes will automatically see the Latin
and we won't learn pIqaD as well from it. What do you think? <br><br>
I can't find the picture now on the website, but the wooden tiles he
showed before with the old FASA font and the English transliteration both
on the same tile look good, better than you'd think.<br><br>
- Qov<br><br>
At 06:08 '?????' 1/9/2013, you wrote:<br>
more literary writing, striving to convey subtle meaning in translation
has more affixes thus more qaghwI'mey while action adventure striving to
remain comprehensible to the maximum number of people has barer verbs.
On 2013-01-09, at 0:36, Rohan Fenwick - QeS 'utlh
&lt;<a href="mailto:[email protected]";>[email protected]</a>&gt;
wrote:<br><br>
report, this one from the Klingon text I've OCRed from my copy of
'ISqu''s Tao Te Ching. In descending order of frequency:<br><br>
Total phonemes: 22,589<br><br>
'&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 2834<br>
a&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 2324<br>
o&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; 1396<br>