tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 04 17:21:38 2013

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Fwd: RE: Klingon Scrabble

Robyn Stewart ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

I can, but I don't have a platform in which I can write a clever script, so this counts each character for itself not as part of its Klingon letter. Here's what I get, with my comments.

72543 - That's the space character, what you'd expect for a 75k word novel. 44671 a - Our existing distribution gets that right. I wonder if this is biased by character names. The main character is named vajar. I'll do a version stripped of character and ship names once I have a better system. 40793 ' - I told you there weren't enough qaghwI'mey in the game. It beats out all but one vowel! 28488 h - This combines the letter's presence in tlh and gh, but excludes H.
23699   o
22652   e
21140   I
20469 H - I expected this to be more common in text than in the dictionary, because it's in -taH and -Ha' and -laH and -moH and -meH ...
20213   u  - last of the vowels
19024   l   - biased because this includes l and tlh
17380   t   - biased by t + tlh
17291 j - interesting. One of the ship names has a j and so does the main character's name. That might be a factor. But the main character also has a v and and r, so I don't think so.
14365   .  - Heh. Short sentences, eh?
13634   g - A combination of gh + ng
13627   m
13557   D
13455   n - includes n and ng
11737   S
11226   v
9892    q
9647    c
9530    b
9145    p
7685    y
7653    r
6611    w
5793    Q

So it looks like yay ray way and Qay should be the high-scoring letters. Whoda thunk there were over three times as many Haymey as Qaymey.

As an indication of the cleanliness of the data, here's the rest.

5067    ,
1702 M - two alien characters, one of whom is a main character, have names starting in M. The names of alien ships and persons is also the explanation for most of the non-Klingon alphabetic characters below.
1122    ?
691     !
374     s
172     T