tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Nov 29 18:38:40 2009

RE: "in (language)"

blake.turner ([email protected])

Oops, I didn't realize hyperlinks wouldn't function in the mailing list. In my response I linked a few websites, not realizing that they wouldn't carry over.

The tlhIngan Qummen lexicon at: <http://www.tlhinganqummem.com/>. The word <Qummen> is explained by the site operator as a noncanonical neologism intended to mean "directory." I have had problems of consistency and even just basic user-friendliness at this website however and have discontinued using it, in favor of....

> What is "this online pocket dictionary"?

....the online pocket dictionary available at the English-Swedish duel language site, Klingonska Akademien. The site itself can be found here: <http://klingonska.org/> while the online pocket dictionary itself can be found here: <http://klingonska.org/cgi-bin/dict.cgi>

Sorry for the confusion!

~toQ

> From: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: "in (language)"
> Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2009 12:26:31 -0500
> To: [email protected]
>
> On Nov 29, 2009, at 10:23 AM, <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> > Dajatlhpu' <DaghItlhHa'pu'> 'ach QaghwIj jIhyajbe'. nuq
> > jIghItlhHa'? vIHechpu': "I am ready to learn" (based on 4.2.2 in
> > TKD). batlh Daghajchug QaghwIj yi'ang.
>
> vI'angta'qu'.  <jIgholrup> DaghItlh.  Dap 'oH.  <jIghojrup>
> DaghItlhHa'ba'.
>
> > naDevvo' (tlhIngan Qummem mu'ghom) mu'qoqvam <JAF> vItlhappu'.
>
> nuq 'oH naDevvetlh'e'?  <Qummem> vIyajbe'.
>
> > (I couldn't find an expression for "response" or "answer" in TKD
> > (going back to it I see that I somehow overlooked the verb {jang},
> > and so trusted the lexicon on this website. I have since moved on
> > to this online pocket dictionary for when I am too pressed for time
> > to refer to TKD. I will be much more circumspect in the future.)
>
> What is "this online pocket dictionary"?
>
> > vaj jIQaghqa'be'.
> >
> > Do you think this last sentence shows an acceptable use of the
> > adverbial <vaj>?
>
> puplaw'.
>
> -- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level