tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Nov 27 17:44:11 2009

RE: Checking understanding of -be'

Seruq ([email protected])

> is invisible')"

That's how I've always used it.
-be'lu', one does not V
-lu'be', not one does V

> With what we know now, I'd be
> >> inclined to accept {-be'lu'} and {-lu'be'} as meaning the
> same thing,

At a convention I said something using either -be'lu' or -lu'be', I don't remember, and MO said that
the two do have different meanings, but the event we were attending was about to start so he didn't
go into detail.

> There is no indication anywhere that {-lu'be'} means "not
> anyone at all"
> or "no one." There is a word for "no one": {pagh}.

In that case we also have a word for "someone".

DloraH

Back to archive top level