tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 23 10:35:08 2009

Re: The topic marker -'e'

Christopher Doty ([email protected])

> It might be time for you to take a rest, or at least brush up on your
> vocabulary.

I can plan my own nap times, thanks, I'm a big boy now and don't need
to be told to rest.  I'm not sure why you've taken issue with my use
of robots versus trees in English as indicating something about
vocabulary...  My English vocabulary?

> You should *definitely* brush up on your verb prefixes. {ma-}
> indicates as *first* person plural subject. Perhaps this minor error
> is why you guys seem to be talking past each other here.

OMFG, it was a freaking typo.

> Oh, and it might be a good idea to stay away from a debate over
> subjects vs. agents. There is no obvious distinction between them in
> Klingon. The subject is *always* the thing performing the action (or
> expressing the state or quality, if "action" is not an appropriate
> concept).

Terminology again.

Back to archive top level