tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 05 09:20:13 2007

Re: Klingon wikipedia?

...Paul ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

On Fri, 5 Jan 2007, Lieven Litaer wrote:
> Few years ago, a tlhIngan Hol section of wikipedia has been established
> (tlh.wikipedia.org), but then has been closed a year after, because the
> wikipedia people thought it to be not necesary or serious enough,
> literally: "it was felt to be unsuited to the goals of the Wikimedia
> Foundation."
>
> Perhaps I've missed some of the discussion on the list, maybe there
> hasn't been any.

I mentioned it a few weeks back, not realizing at the time it'd been
closed off.  I'm partial to using the KLI wiki instead, but it doesn't
seem to be well laid out and maintained (I asked here if Alan was still
maintainer, but got not response; I'd like to at least see a link to the
table of contents off the main Wiki page, because right now, you're almost
forced to search for things, rather than being able to "cruise")...

> If there *has* been some discussion which I've missed somehow, plese
> tell me where in the archives I can read about it.

The only discussion about using any wiki for anything was when I suggested
we set up a page on the KLI wiki for "Linguistic Terms", which sparked the
"what do you call a conjunction?" which then sparked the current debate
about whether or not "purpose noun phrases" are more or less suitable for
defining concepts than "relative clauses" (/-meH/ vs. /-bogh/ -- the
showdown of the year!)

That's about it.

...Paul

          ** ...Paul, [email protected], Insane Engineer **
    "We must become the change we want to see" -- Mahatma Gandhi

Back to archive top level