tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 06 02:13:54 2007

Klingon Encyclopedia

Lieven Litaer ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

Wikipedia is dead - long live Wikipedia!

Established in May 2004, the Klingon section of Wikipedia has been closed again in the year 2005, because it seemed not to suit the goals of Wikipedia Foundation.

It is now time to announce the rebirth of the wikia formerly known as "tlhIngan wIqIpe'DIya", the new: "Klingon Encyclopedia"!

Our aim is to show that the Klingon language really does work as a language! There might be no Klingon word for "Bubble car", but perhaps you can write about it in Klingon! The result will look like an encyclopedia, just like we know it from Wikipedia, but all in Klingon.

This project is not competing with the KLI's wiki (/wiki), which is about the klingon language.
This project does not *teach* Klingon, it *uses* Klingon.
It's probably suitable for beginners and advanced, since it contains very short and also very long articles. Beginners can start an article, and maybe an advanced could complete it. Just write about anything - but in Klingon.

I chose the name "Klingon Encyclopedia" for different reasons:
- I found no nice klingon translation for it
- it's easier to remember for non klingon speakers
- we are not allowed to call it wikipedia or wIqIpe'DIya
- it's a pun on the first paragraph of TKD ;-)

Some interesting links to follow:

main page
http://klingon.wikia.com

very short text for beginners