tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Mar 16 08:54:27 2004

Re: multiple verb suffixes

...Paul ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004, Scott Willis wrote:
> > {vIchennISchoHmoH} - is there only one interpretation, or a bunch based on
> > context?
>
> A bunch, based on context. As the translator, it is your job to look at the
> context and determine how best to express the *idea* behind the sentence,
> how to phrase it properly in the target language. }}: )

One can go through the variations:

I need to start causing it to form.
I need to cause it to start to form.
I am starting to need to cause it to form.
I am starting to cause it to need to form.
I am causing it to start needing to form.
I am causing it to need to start to form.

Take your pick.  :)

...Paul

 **        Have a question that reality just can't answer?        **
                         "taH pagh taHbe'"

Back to archive top level