tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Mar 16 07:33:30 2004

Re: multiple verb suffixes

Scott Willis ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dar'Qang" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2004 12:06 AM
Subject: Re: multiple verb suffixes

> At 08:48 PM 3/15/2004, ngabwI' wrote:

No, either the subject or the object could be doing the needing when {-nIS]
is present.

> {jIchennISchoH} - I need to begin to take form, or I begin to need to take
> form?
>                            Is there only one interpretation, or are both
> allowed based on context?

Both are allowed, based on context.

> Dar'Qang
> {-moH} really stirs the soup:
>
> {vIchennISchoHmoH} - is there only one interpretation, or a bunch based on
> context?

A bunch, based on context. As the translator, it is your job to look at the
context and determine how best to express the *idea* behind the sentence,
how to phrase it properly in the target language. }}: )

--ngabwI'
Beginners' Grammarian,
Klingon Language Institute
http://kli.org/