tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 28 06:26:40 2010

RE: New words

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

Voragh:
> > I wonder if Okrand had already come up with {meyvaQ}
> > and this is why he was careful to pronounce {ma'veq}
> > differently at Praxis 1998!

Felix:
> Did Okrand vet the glossary of Enemy Territory, as he did those of some
> of DeCandido's other works?  If so, this has got to be the naughtiest
> word to make it into canon yet.

I don't know the specifics about this novel as I don't have a copy.  Another list member was kind enough to post DeCandido's vocabulary lists to the tlhIngan-Hol list.  I of course immediately added everything to my note!

> [...and it would give us a canonical tlhIngan Hol for klin zha
> (tlhInja), which I'm sure many of us would be glad to have.]

And the odd-looking tlhIngan Hol transcription of {Hestlh'ng} for klingonaase *khest'n*.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level