tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Dec 23 19:46:09 2010

RE: New words

Felix Malmenbeck ([email protected])

I recommend cross-checking with Klingonska Akademien; they have slightly fewer words, but they always list sources, and at least one of the words you mentioned can be found there.  You may also find the Archive of Okrandian Canon useful; it's no longer up-to-date, but it's still quite handy for looking some stuff up.

I believe qurgh learned SaHHa'ghach directly from Okrand earlier this year.  qar'a'.

Some of those words - such as tlhIghaq - I believe are from DeCandido's works.  I list many of those words here:
http://community.livejournal.com/klingon/56112.html
[There I've also listed 'uj'a' and jIn as unsourced.  I've since confirmed 'uj'a' (in an old e-mail from Voragh), but according to maHvatlh jIn is a misconception; apparently it started out being used as a hypothetical word, but then came into use.]

//loghaD (a.k.a. tesseraktik)