tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 28 09:26:37 2010

RE: New words

nahqun ([email protected])

Acknowledgments from Enemy Territory:
"...Dr. Lawrence Schoen, head of the Klingon Language Institute, for
consistent linguistic aid, and also to Dr. Marc Okrand, who created the
Klingon language in the first place..."

"The usual reference sources: ...The Klingon Dictionary by the redoubtable
Dr. Okrand..."

For further fact finding, I recommend an e-mail to Keith, Lawrence, and/or
Marc.

(Keith's address can be located in the back of his novels...)

~naHQun

-- Sent from my Palm Pre

On Dec 28, 2010 9:28, Steven Boozer <[email protected]> wrote:

Voragh:
>>I wonder if Okrand had already come up with {meyvaQ}
>>and this is why he was careful to pronounce {ma'veq}
>>differently at Praxis 1998!

Felix:
>Did Okrand vet the glossary of Enemy Territory, as he did those of some
>of DeCandido's other works? If so, this has got to be the naughtiest
>word to make it into canon yet.

I don't know the specifics about this novel as I don't have a copy. Another
list member was kind enough to post DeCandido's vocabulary lists to the
tlhIngan-Hol list. I of course immediately added everything to my note!

>[...and it would give us a canonical tlhIngan Hol for klin zha
>(tlhInja), which I'm sure many of us would be glad to have.]

And the odd-looking tlhIngan Hol transcription of {Hestlh'ng} for
klingonaase*khest'n*.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons