tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 07 13:48:29 2013

Re: [Tlhingan-hol] Fwd: RE: Klingon Scrabble

Robyn Stewart ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

I haven't the skill, time, or desire to work out an accurate way of counting affix representations, but the following counts of raw syllables that correspond to certain affixes with qaghwI' in them may reveal something:

I wonder if pojwI' could be pressed into service for this. It could also determine the frequency of various nouns and verbs.

Ahh, fair enough. My count at the moment is 267 and 0. :) (I should probably mix it up a bit more with the varieties of different speakers. I just never think to vary function words like "but" and "yes".)

I usually only bring out HISlaH when there is any possibility of it being confused with an imperative.

> And I only used ngagh and its derivatives about twenty times. :P

Huh. Is that all? Is it just your racy metaphor that made me think it was much more? ;)

Maybe it's Hegh and Hagh that up the gh count. Hegh Hagh regh ragh legh ngagh ... bom vIqonnIS.

- Qov