tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 07 12:55:43 2011

Re: country names (was Re: tato'eba' ...)

Lieven Litaer ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

> BTW, I've been long wanting to participate in the qepHom in Germany, but it
> always coincided with either a Linguistics conference or an Esperanto
> meeting. Maybe next year...

I was hoping you might want to visit us this year, as we are having our
tenth anniversary. Perhaps the presence of Marc Okrand might attract you
more, but from your blog I read you have met him before, so there's
nothing special for you here any more I guess! :-P   ;-)

> @Lieven:
> Thanks for the input. Yeah, I'm always thinking about the translation of
> proper names. Actually that's something that I find interesting in every

Okay, now to everyone: I must admit that I did that once too
*looking_ashamed* :-(
But this was only this one time,  when translating the page for an hotel
in Düsseldorf, I just looked better for the text:
http://www.hotel-hillesheim.de/?lang_G=klingon

PS:
Adrew, your blog contains a lot of Klingon why don't you write some
articles into the klingon wikipedia (oh, sorry, copyright) klingon WIKIA:
http://klingon.wikia.com

Quvar
aka
Lieven.