tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 25 11:45:42 2009

Re: How {wanI'} gets used

Christopher Doty ([email protected])

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 11:31, Steven Boozer <[email protected]> wrote:
> I take it the iPhone app only gives one word translations - apparently the first word in the TKD/KGT glossary entry?  I'll have to keep that in mind when doing a "canon sweep" for people.

I just took a gander, and it looks like all three words are in there.
However, when you use the word analysis tool (which I had been using
as an easy way to look up words) it only gives the first.  So, they're
there, just not how I was looking :p

> BTW please don't hesitate to ask for examples of how words and affixes have been used in canon -- either on or off-list.  Keep in mind that many words have never been used in a sentence or explained by Okrand and so we're still unsure about how some of these work in practice.  (E.g. Can a particular verb take an object?  If so, is the object a person or thing?  etc.)

Well, cheers.  This is the frustrating bit as a linguist: I always
want examples!  And there are so few that I have easy access to!

> I don't mind and, as you've seen, it can start some interesting threads.

toH, Dajlaw'......

Back to archive top level