tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 24 19:11:22 2009

Re: The topic marker -'e'

ghunchu'wI' ([email protected])

On Nov 24, 2009, at 9:40 PM, Christopher Doty wrote:

>> In a sentence with a verb bearing {-lu'}, the subject is indefinite.
>
> Yes, because it is unimportant, and thus demoted, and thus gone.

Um...do you realize that you're agreeing with a statement that
contradicts what you said before?

On Nov 24, 2009, at 9:01 PM, Christopher Doty wrote:

> With
> -lu' in Klingon, we see just such a thing: the one doing the action
> goes away, and the patient is now the subject.

Which one did you mean?  (Or perhaps I should ask which one has the
typo, as those seem to be a valid explanation for some of the things
I read from you that seem incomplete or inconsistent.)

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level