tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Dec 25 01:34:06 2009

threatening Na'vi?

Lieven Litaer ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

Hey guys,

it seems like Klingon has got a new opponent: Na'vi.

For those who do not know what it is, you can watch this news report:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fZZbTYdPBk
(interesting that this report contains a short mentioning of Klenginem :-)

Briefly, it's just like Klingon: a constructed language made for a movie. It has its own grammar, and about 500 words.

This page seems to contain anything you need:
http://www.learnnavi.org/

I doubt this language might become in competition with Klingon as there is only one movie and klingons are much more known and famous. But there are strong parallels visible when you read sentences like "Na'vi is a constructed language spoken by the fictional race in the film Avatar. The language was created by Paul Frommer..."

At this point I just want to encourage you to learn and speak Klingon, and keep talking aboput it to the world. We must show them that Klingon is not obsolete - it is growing! Our recently new members prove this.

Apparently, this was my message for christmas ;-)
Enjoy the winter, celebrate the new year and learn Klingon!!

Quvar
aka
Lieven L. Litaer
http://www.qepHom.de