tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Mar 16 07:47:46 2004

Re: tu'taHghachHey/ KLBC

Shamammd ([email protected])

In a message dated 3/16/2004 10:12:49 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[email protected] writes:
> muj mu'tlheghvam 'e' DuH.
> it is possible that this sentence is wrong.
> muj mu'tlheghmeywIj Hoch 'e' DuH.
> it is possible that all of my sentences are wrong. :)
> mujbe' mu'tlhegmeyhwIj Hoch 'e' vItul.
> i hope that all of my sentences are not wrong. lol
> mu'tlheghmeywIj mujchugh, 'ej bIbelchugh, vay' yItI'.
> if my sentences are wrong, and if it pleases you, somebody fix them. lol
{DuH}, AFAIK, does not take an object. It needs a recast. I suggest using
{chaq} "perhaps" in this case:
{chaq muj mu'tlheghvam} "Perhaps this sentence is wrong."

{mujchugh mu'tlheghmeywIj} "If my sentences are wrong."
Subject comes after the verb.

"If it pleases you" is {DubelmoHchugh}:
{qabelmoH'a'?} "Do I please you?" PK

I am not going to tell you that {tI'} is wrong for translating "somebody fix
them (sentences)", but I've seen {lughmoH} "cause to be correct" much more
often. {tI'} in this sense, "feels" weird.

Also, since I'm fixing "them" (more than one sentence), you must use {tI-}
Imperative, "you/them":
{tIlughmoH!} "Correct them!"

qon ngabwI'
DaH jIyajchu'!  nap QaghwIj HochHom. qatlho'qu'. :)

weQqul
bIjatlhnISchugh, tlhIngan Hol yIjatlh!
HolHomlIj yIwIv!
HovpoH 701294.8