tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jun 06 04:46:24 2004

Re: "creative"

Lieven L. Litaer ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol ghojwI']

Am Sat, 5 Jun 2004 13:13:06 -0000 (GMT) hat Thorwald Peeters
<[email protected]> geschrieben:

>> Not too sure that a {ngoQ} can be {teb}'ed, though. I suggest {chav} "to
>> achieve", but that is only my opinion.
>
> a goal can be filled... look at either football (soccer), American
> Football or any other ball-orientated sport with a physical goal 8-)

I think MO didn't think about a "goal" as we know it from sports. I'm sure
it's only the abstract idea, because of the added entry "purpose".

And for {teb}, we only have the example of physically filling something,
like the {tebwI'} at the Do Qe'.  For instance, in german a pen which can
be refilled with ink is called a "Füller", literally "filler", or {tebwI'}.
But this is obviously a faux-ami.

KGT p102:
The person taking the order is, in this case, called not a {jabwI'}
(server) but, instead, a  {tebwI'} (filler), presumably because he or she
fills a platter ('elpI') with the requested food.

"achieve" {chav} is better.

Quvar.

Back to archive top level