tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jun 05 05:09:10 2004

Re: "creative"

Scott Willis ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

----- Original Message -----
From: "Thorwald Peeters" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, June 04, 2004 5:08 AM
Subject: Re: "creative"

> > <mu'mey vIwIvchu'meH jIval> "I am clever at perfectly
> > choosing words"; etc.
>
> {HochDich ngoQmeywIj teblaHbej jIQub}
> I think the last one fits my purposes adequately
>
> (I'm not too sure about the order of all the words/subclauses or whatever
> they be called, but I hope I'm close}

Watch your word order: the subject (the one doing the action) comes after
the verb:

ngoQmeywIj teblaHbej HochDIch.

And the second sentence in a sentence as object construction takes {'e'} and
the prefix indicating a singular third-person object ("it"). (such as "I
think the last one fills my purposes." The "I think" part would be the
second verb.)

ngoQmeywIj teblaHbej HochDIch 'e' vIQub.

MO has already told us that something like {tlhIngan Hol Dajatlh 'e' vIQub}
'I think you speak Klingon" is perfectly fine, and means the same as its
English translation.

Not too sure that a {ngoQ} can be {teb}'ed, though. I suggest {chav} "to
achieve", but that is only my opinion.

--ngabwI'
Beginners' Grammarian,
Klingon Language Institute