tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jun 04 18:07:49 2004

Re: [KLBC] "I love you" word (sentence) order

qurgh ([email protected])

ghItlh Thorwald Peeters <[email protected]>:

> I was wondering about this too, as the dictionary (klingonska akademien
> one) I use states "love" together with "one who is loved" and "beloved".
> But then there is {bang bom} meaning "love song". This seems to indicate
> that {bang} is both receiver and object given.
>
> > qurgh
>
> Thorwald Peeters

My dictionary glosses it that way too, but I remember being told on the list
that bang doesn't mean love, it means beloved. parmaq is the closest word we
have for love.

I guess I always thought that {bang bom} ment "beloved's song". To me this would
be a song you give to your beloved, which would be a love song for us. Klingon
mating rituals involved reading poetry with the other partner throws heavy
objects at the reader. I imagined them reading {bang bommey}.

qurgh

For a free wizage.net web based email address, email me!

Back to archive top level