tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jun 04 06:32:19 2004

[KLBC] "I love you" word (sentence) order

Thorwald Peeters ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

I come across a klingon sentence on my surfing on the net sometimes, which
today (and earlier) throws up questions.

The sentence is {SoHvaD vIghajtaH bang}, which literally (I hope)
translates to "for you I have it continuously love"

my question is: is this word/sentence order right? I would personally
translate "I love you" with "SoHvaD bang vIghajtaH" (for you love I have
it continuously).

Am I making a stupid mistake here, or are all those documents wrong?

Thorwald Peeters
a.k.a. qa'pIn qorghon puqloD, q'meQ tuq
a.k.a. SoplaHtaHwI'
mu'mey SuvwI'Hom