tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jun 04 17:17:05 2004

Re: [KLBC] "I love you" word (sentence) order

qurgh ([email protected])

ghItlh Scott Willis <[email protected]>:

> > my question is: is this word/sentence order right? I would personally
> > translate "I love you" with "SoHvaD bang vIghajtaH" (for you love I have
> > it continuously).

<Snip>

> Your word order is correct, though. Klingon objects come BEFORE the verb. If
> you want to do it this way, the proper order is {SoHvaD bang vIghajtaH}.

Doesn't bang mean "one who is loved" and not "love"? As in "bangwI' joHwI' je" -
"My beloved and my lord"..

"SoHvaD bang vIghajtaH" would mean "I continuously have one who is loved for
you", qar'a'?

qurgh

For a free wizage.net web based email address, email me!

Back to archive top level