tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Oct 27 11:04:21 2002

Re: Learning Project (hopefully)

Okay...
----- Original Message -----
From: "Qov" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Saturday, October 26, 2002 9:58 PM
Subject: Re: Learning Project (hopefully)

> Translate into Klingon:
> The officer forcefully kicks the prisoner.
The prisoner is kicked by the officer forcefully, forcefully goes at the
beginning, kicked is the verb, officer is the subject and prisoner is the
object.  I'm not sure if there is anything else I have to do with the word
force to make it forcefully.

raD qama' pup yaS.

> A child never dislikes chocolate.
never is chocolate disliked by a child.
never goes at the beginning, disliked is the verb chocolate is the object
and child is the subject

not yuch par puq.

> The man always eats breakfast.
Always breakfast is eaten by the man.
Always goes at the beginning, eaten is the verb, object is breakfast and the
subject is man.

reH nIQ Sop loD.

> Soon the people will kill the emperor.  (nothing special > is required for
"will kill" - it's the same as "kill")
Soon the emperor will be killed by the people.
Soon goes first, killed is the verb, the object is the emperor and the
subject is the people.  I couldn't find people, so i used person.  I dont
know how to make it plural and I dont think that's right.

tugh ta' HoH ghot.

> Translate into English
> rut wanI' qaw loD.
Men sometimes remember events.

> pay' Dej qach.
The building suddenly collapsed.

> loQ puq ghIj qul.
The research scared the child slightly. ??  not sure if this one is right.

> Make up two Klingon sentences of your own, using adverbials.

The soldier suddenly attacked his commander.
pay' la' HIv mang.

The boy almost forgot his coat.
tlhoS wep lIj loDHom.

Back to archive top level