tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Oct 24 23:40:29 2002

Re: Learning Project (hopefully)

At 13:05 02-10-24 -0500, lab Voragh:
>Gina wrote:
>
>>I'm not sure any of these are right so anyone who can help me understand why
>>they are wrong, please do.
>
>Since you didn't flag the Subject line with "KLBC" for the attention of
>the Beginning Grammarian, I'll comment.

Thanks, Voragh.

Gina, you're going to learn as much about English as you will learn about
Klingon in this project.

As Voragh said, the subject is always the one that DOES the action, and the
object is the one the action is done TO.

It wasn't a bad effort. You got the verb right every time, and you're
starting to figure out subject and object.  You also didn't make any typos
with the capital letters.  Your care is appreciated.

Here are some more like those first ones, so you can check if you
understand these now, and try for 100%.

The child steals chocolate.
The grandmother sabotages the engine.
A student reads.