tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Feb 13 08:41:56 2011

Re: tlhIngan iPod keyboard

qurgh lungqIj ([email protected])

In order to use a custom keyboard layout you will first have to
jailbreak your device. Then you can install iKeyEx using Cydia (the
homebrew app store that is added when you jailbreak). You won't be
able to install the deb file directly, it just doesn't work that way.

Once iKeyEx is installed it's actually pretty easy to create your own
custom layout, but it does require you have to SSH setup on your
jailbreaked device so you can remotely connect to the device and
transfer the files needed for the layout.

I can look and see if I have the files for the pIqaD keyboard and send
them too you, but it's been a while since I've used them as I no
longer have an iOS device to use it on.

qurgh

On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 1:44 AM, Robyn Stewart <[email protected]> wrote:
> I asked on here first, so as not to reinvent the wheel, and am now
> looking for myself.
>
> I have found the following information and programs for this project,
> but I don't know how to use the files.
>
> qurgh has a pIqaD keyboard. I asked to try it a few months ago, but
> don't remember getting a response. That could be me forgetting or
> losing it to spam.
> http://www.wizage.net/?p=419#comments
>
> qurgh says he made it with this program
> http://code.google.com/p/networkpx/wiki/Using_iKeyEx3
>
> It sounds like it can do what I need, so I downloaded it here
> http://apt.thebigboss.org/onepackage.php?bundleid=hk.kennytm.ikeyex&db=
>
> But I it's a .deb file and I have a PC running Vista, vaj loDnalwI'
> qeS vInejlI'. Qapla' wIchavchugh SaSovmoH.
>
> patvam vIneH. motlh, qar'a'? pagh tamchuqnIS'a' q Q je?
>
> q w e r t y u I o p
> Âa S D ng gh H j Q l
> Â ' tlh ch v b n m
>
> It doesn't need the shift key, so could have @ and # instead, making
> it the perfect Twitter keyboard. It's aggravating having to switch
> screens for ' all the time. Even in English that's aggravating.

Back to archive top level