tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Feb 13 17:35:50 2011

Re: tlhIngan iPod keyboard

Robyn Stewart ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

At 16:27 13/02/2011, you wrote:
>Although I don't know Ipods, isn't what you really want is a set of
>keyboard macros, rather than a re-mapping?  You don't want to press
>an 'x' and have it print the pIqaD for 'tlh', you want the 'x' key
>to literally print out the 3 characters 't'-'l'-'h', qar'a'? Back in
>the day, key macros were actually lots easier than changing the key
>mapping. I don't know how it is on an Ipod.

You're correct that I don't want the pIqaD. I want there to be a tlh
key on the onscreen keyboard, and for it to add tlh to the document
when I touch it. I don't know if that is keyboard mapping or macros,
but there is, for example, already a ".com" key present in some
contexts, so it's obviously doable.

Wade says I have to jailbreak it, but apparently the only drawback of
doing so is that I can't upgrade the OS, and my device is no longer
supported for OS upgrades, so no loss. To me the word "macro"
suggests hitting key combinations, and as half the reason I'm asking
for this is to get out of having to hit shift all the time, that
would be self-defeating.

I think I have the information required to do this now, so I'll
report back when I've done it.

- Qov

>-- ter'eS

Back to archive top level