tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Feb 12 21:27:30 2011

Re: tlhIngan iPod keyboard

Robyn Stewart ([email protected]) [KLI Member] [Hol po'wI']

I'm running version 3.1.3 (7E18), according to the About page.
The Russian thing isn't an add-on, it's right in the settings, along
with two or three dozen common languages. I'm hoping there's a way to
add another.

I haven't jailbroken it yet. Will that still allow me to use all the
app store apps?

At 18:53 12/02/2011, you wrote:
>It sounds like a 3rd party would be able to accomplish this.
>You would have to jailbreak the device, of course.
>
>You would need to find someone who knows about hacking iOS.
>More than likely they could start with the Russian code and alter it from
>there.
>
>I would recommend letting us know which version of iOS you're running; I
>knowthat several members of the list have iOS devices that they beta tested
>for Ultralingua with.
>
>(Un)fortunately, I am not able to assist as I don't have an iOS device to
>hack.
>
>~naHQun
>

>~Michael Roney, Jr.
>Professional Klingon translator
>webOS developer
>
>-- Sent from my Palm Pre Plus

>On Feb 12, 2011 21:46, Robyn Stewart <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>I have an iPod, an old one, but still useful. I have a button I can
>press on the keyboard that flips it from QWERTY into the Russian
>equivalent, so I can make notes in Russian. I would very much like a
>Klingon one, not pIqaD, just the 26 letters of the transcription
>system, so I could hit one key for tlh, one for D, one for Q and one
>for ', without having to hit the shift or the number screen (for ')
>all the time.
>
>Can this be done by a third party, or do I have to get Apple to do it?
>
>- Qov

Back to archive top level