tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 30 14:02:51 2009

Re: *Qayton*

ghunchu'wI' 'utlh ([email protected])

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 4:52 PM,  <[email protected]> wrote:
> Crichton: (To the Grudeks): John: NOH! PAV'HOR! HERRUCH'T! (To Sikozu)You didn't get that one did you...'cause it's Klingon! A show of force is the only thing that Klingons understand.
>

> The Farscape wikia page says that it's supposed to mean something like “Get the hell off of my ship!” Granted, I just started studying Klingon, but this doesn't really look like it to me... maybe a bad transcription?

A *very* bad transcription. It's possible that someone wrote down
{DoH! pa'vo' yIghoS!}, or some suitably pronouncable version of it,
for the actor to memorize. Or perhaps it was like the lines at the
beginning of Star Trek: The Motion Picture, where the words were
provided on audiotape rather than paper.  Whoever did the captioning
for the Farpoint episode did the best he could to render what he
thought the actor said, while the actor did the best he could to speak
what he thought he was supposed to say.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level