tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 30 13:53:11 2009

RE: *Qayton*

blake.turner ([email protected])

It's from Farscape and spoken by the show's human protagonist, John Crichton (pronounced cry-tun). Specifically, it's from a season 4 episode called "Crichton Kicks." The line can be found quoted here: <http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Farscape> and I have pasted it below (unfortunately a cursory search didn't reveal any easy clips of the scene).

Crichton: (To the Grudeks): John: NOH! PAV'HOR! HERRUCH'T! (To Sikozu)You didn't get that one did you...'cause it's Klingon! A show of force is the only thing that Klingons understand.

The Farscape wikia page says that it's supposed to mean something like ?Get the hell off of my ship!? Granted, I just started studying Klingon, but this doesn't really look like it to me... maybe a bad transcription?

> Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 21:49:47 +0100
> From: [email protected]
> Subject: *Qayton*
> To: [email protected]
>
> Greetings,
>
> I'm working on a collection of everything on TV that includes anything in or about Klingon. Please tell me what you know to add:
>
> - Simpsons, "My big fat geek wedding" (Season 15, Episode 17)
> - Frasier speaking Klingon
> - "Klingon Boggle" in ???
> - ...
>
> Does anyone remember the name of the series where someone called "Crayton" or so said "You didn't understand that, right? Because it's Klingon!" I don't know how you spell his name, and  can't remember the show.
>
> thanks,
>   Quvar.
> --
> Jetzt kostenlos herunterladen: Internet Explorer 8 und Mozilla Firefox 3.5 -
> sicherer, schneller und einfacher! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/chbrowser

Back to archive top level