tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Nov 30 13:58:57 2009
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Christopher Doty (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- From: Christopher Doty <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: *Qayton*
- Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 13:57:25 -0800
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :from:date:message-id:subject:to:content-type :content-transfer-encoding; bh=1oRLJCnaWS18KCzqpd1yb79MFg+G5QHLwxSIuHs6dJc=; b=j2c8avJKY2SjEPWo0vQd3QNlbF4I8Km5UnoFGqEGLH9is8j9zdDvTQ0up3Ytpq9Ay3 AcnNHIkfZ50QhvPojd/+HpzRfib9+TcRGkGfHn38+etqc57itQOHex7X8eW/mvgKbbuW 50eWyGa5fP1ckZ43PtTYBNgICq9B3YpYH74DY=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; b=JoEJTnP1mt2hbtpXStTuKhtyZC3RjZDdXm1S4v95Mh77ccWV1woxqbdL4ZVYCyICPg TChDd+XWfX3Cko5HGnvo5MQAavdLpOfc18117PMcXdNtKIkXtwoOiZ+VgYZXK97CI3sr u3IhJNdWMbBe+YCmbInsGqKZS3kYn0WINEL6Q=
- In-reply-to: <COL114-W467C8ADD76E075CA6E0023B6970@phx.gbl>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <COL114-W467C8ADD76E075CA6E0023B6970@phx.gbl>
Well, "pav'hor" looks a bit like <pa'vo'>... noH could be war?
noHpa' = "warroom?" Although "meH" is bridge, so....
On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 13:52, <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> It's from Farscape and spoken by the show's human protagonist, John Crichton (pronounced cry-tun). Specifically, it's from a season 4 episode called "Crichton Kicks." The line can be found quoted here: <http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Farscape> and I have pasted it below (unfortunately a cursory search didn't reveal any easy clips of the scene).
> Crichton: (To the Grudeks): John: NOH! PAV'HOR! HERRUCH'T! (To Sikozu)You didn't get that one did you...'cause it's Klingon! A show of force is the only thing that Klingons understand.
> The Farscape wikia page says that it's supposed to mean something like “Get the hell off of my ship!” Granted, I just started studying Klingon, but this doesn't really look like it to me... maybe a bad transcription?
>> Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 21:49:47 +0100
>> From: email@example.com
>> Subject: *Qayton*
>> To: firstname.lastname@example.org
>> I'm working on a collection of everything on TV that includes anything in or about Klingon. Please tell me what you know to add:
>> - Simpsons, "My big fat geek wedding" (Season 15, Episode 17)
>> - Frasier speaking Klingon
>> - "Klingon Boggle" in ???
>> - ...
>> Does anyone remember the name of the series where someone called "Crayton" or so said "You didn't understand that, right? Because it's Klingon!" I don't know how you spell his name, and can't remember the show.
>> Jetzt kostenlos herunterladen: Internet Explorer 8 und Mozilla Firefox 3.5 -
>> sicherer, schneller und einfacher! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/chbrowser
- Re: yISap
- From: Terrence Donnelly <email@example.com>
- From: "Lieven Litaer" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- RE: *Qayton*
- From: <email@example.com>