tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 24 21:02:28 2009

Re: Question about Klingon books (e.g., Gilgamesh et al.)

Christopher Doty ([email protected])

> <-ghach> is a whole different story all together.
> Simple rule: Don't use it unless you know what you're doing.

<snip>

> Commentary
> For most of us, this means don't use -ghach except for words found in
> the dictionary, until you have a really good feel for it.

It's funny that you say that, because the sense I got from that
interview (?) with Okrand is that -ghach is ubiquitous and ends up on
all kinds of words.  Not some (e.g., bare stems), but a whole lot.  I
hardly think saying "don't use it unless you know what you are doing"
is the message that Okrand is conveying there...

Chris

Back to archive top level