tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 24 13:31:38 2009

Re: The topic marker -'e'

ghunchu'wI' wrote:
> On Nov 24, 2009, at 1:14 PM, Christopher Doty wrote:
>> There's no way that I can find in any of the Okrand sources for
>> obliques, instruments, etc.
>
> I don't see how this relates to anything, but "instruments" can be
> described thus:
> {lemDu' pe'meH vutwI', warjun lo'} "The cook cut the hooves with a
> cleaver."

Klingon does not have an instrumental case. What ghunchu'wI'
demonstrates here is the usual way of dealing with instruments, and we
have canon examples of this sort of thing.

> Alas, I find that "linguists tend to bring unnecessary preconceptions
> to Klingon" is too often the case as well.

I find that some Klingonists tend to hold unnecessary preconceptions of
linguists, and maybe they shouldn't do that.

--
SuStel
tlhIngan Hol MUSH

Back to archive top level