tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 24 13:54:16 2009

Re: The topic marker -'e'

Terrence Donnelly ([email protected]) [KLI Member]

--- On Tue, 11/24/09, David Trimboli <[email protected]> wrote:

> > Alas, I find that "linguists tend to bring unnecessary
> preconceptions
> > to Klingon" is too often the case as well.
>
> I find that some Klingonists tend to hold unnecessary
> preconceptions of
> linguists, and maybe they shouldn't do that.
>
> --

Maybe if the linguists didn't usually act so arrogant, we wouldn't. Linguists in general should probably take a look at Arika Okrent and her book, for an example of how a linguist can actually make her presence in Klindom a mutually-enjoyable event.

-- ter'eS

Back to archive top level