tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 23 08:14:13 2009

RE: Once more into the ship in which I fled

Steven Boozer ([email protected])

SuStel:

te'reS:
>>> Now this I can agree wholeheartedly with. But is it then possible
>>> that the head noun can be either the subject, object, or _any
>>> Type-5 suffixed noun_ to the main verb?

Voragh:
>> For reference, here are all the canon examples I know of with both
>> {-bogh} and {-Daq}:

SuStel:
> I have pared the list down to those which apply to the current
> discussion.
>
>>  meQtaHbogh qachDaq Suv qoH neH
>>  Only a fool fights in a burning house. (TKW)
>
> meQtaHbogh qachDaq Suv
> fight in a building which is burning
>
>>  loS... qIb HeHDaq, 'u' SepmeyDaq Sovbe'lu'bogh lenglu'meH He
>>  ghoSlu'bogh retlhDaq 'oHtaH It waits... on the edge of the galaxy,
>>  beside a passage to unknown regions of the universe. (SkyBox S99)
>
> SepmeyDaq Sovbe'lu'bogh lenglu'meH He
> way for one to travel to regions which one does not know
>
> I don't have my sources with me, but I am curious to know whether
> any of the other Type 5 noun suffixes show up this way.

That's my cue, I guess...

All examples found of {-bogh} and {-vaD}:

lenglIj lutebjaj lengwIjvaD bel rap, Sov [rap, ngoQ rap je] Danobpu'bogh
May your journey be filled with the same joy, wisdom, and purpose you have given mine. (Frasier)

All examples found of {-bogh} and {-'e'}:

butlh ghajbogh nuv'e' yIHo'
Admire the person with dirt under his fingernails. TKW

loghDaq Suvrupbogh SuvwI'pu' chaH Hoch SuvwI'pu''e'
In space, all warriors are cold warriors ("warriors who are ready to fight"). TKW

tajwIj 'oHbe' chorlIj jeqbogh Dochvetlh'e'
That is not my dagger protruding from your midsection. FTG

yIntaHvIS qeylIS'e' lIjlaHbe'bogh vay' batlh 'etlhvam chenmoHlu'pu'
this sword of honor descends from the time of Kahless the Unforgettable. S8

nISwI' HIch motlh HoS Hal qengwI' naQ tIq je lurarlu'bogh 'oH tlhIngan nISwI' beH'e'
The Klingon disruptor rifle is a standard hand held disruptor, attached to an extended power supply stock. S14

qorDu'Daj tuq 'oS Ha'quj'e' tuQbogh wo'rIv
The sash that Worf wears is a symbol of his family's house. S20

yejquv DevwI' moj ghawran 'e' wuqta' cho' 'oDwI' Dapu'bogh janluq pIqarD HoD.
Gowron... named leader of the High Council by Captain Jean-Luc Picard, who was acting as Arbiter of Succession. S25

choH lISbogh Hap'e': cha'pujqut
Reaction Moderating Element - Crystalline Dilithium. KBoP

I found no examples of {-mo'} or {-vo'} used in the same sentence with {-bogh}.

--
Voragh
Canon Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level